Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sew Romantic Lariat Necklace-Workshop preview!

I am so excited to announce that I will be teaching this workshop in April. Details coming soon! This little piece was inspired by cleaning my craft room. I picked up this bag I had from Lena G's, this amazing vintage shop in the central coast. Lena is a little whacky but her shop is filled with vintage stuff you can not find anywhere! She doesn't have website but you can see her listings on her FB page click here. Annnnyyway...like I was saying, I ran across this little stash bag from Lena's with some vintage thread spools and I thought, why did I buy these? As I looked a little closer I saw that the hole in the middle is quite larger than todays plastic thread spools. I had seen other tassel type necklaces made with a thimble, but could it be done with a spool? Why yes it can! A few hours later after I had all my trim and fabric pulled out, my gel medium, my vintage paper, my ball pin hammer, my room was destined to not be clean today. And this was the result:
{this is great project to use all of those little bits of trim you can't bear to throw away}

{The chain and little pave disco ball really just made it pop}

{I have been holding on to this little scissor charm forever, it just fit right in}

{I embellished the spool with vintage paper, but you could just as easily use fabric}

{I am all into making these little steel hammered s links, they look so vintage}
Well I don't want to announce the class info until it's up on the website but it's in a shop in LA that is to DIE for! 
Spaces will be limited so drop me a email or a FB wall post if you want me to email you when it goes live.
-Denise

5 comments: