Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Twinery and Serendipity Stamps Blog Hop- Sweet and Simple Gift Boxes


Welcome Hoppers from: Holly Craft - http://todayscreations. blogspot.com/
I love a good gift box, and these are my favorite. I call them my little cake slices! They can be used to fit a small gift, gift card or even to use as party favor boxes. You can find the 5 minute tutorial on how to make the box HERE.  You can make these as simple or as complex as you want, and these Serendipity Stamps were so versatile. The icing on these "cakes" is The Twinery twines! Make sure you visit The Twinery and Serendipity Stamps blogs to find out how you can enter to win some very cool prizes- 
The Twinery - http://thetwinery.com/blog is giving away a full set of solids!

Serendipity Stamps - http://serendipitystamps.com/ blog- Is giving away a $25 gift certificate to their shop!

{I pre made the stamp part, cut it out and attached with foam dots}

{kept the closure simple by just doubling up the Twinery  twines to play off the floral stamp colors}

{the technique I used was what I call overstamping- I line up my stamp with my paper, make a light stamp of the image. Color it using my izink pigment and a fine brush, then overstamp it again with black ink, making sure to line the stamp back up perfectly}

{for this one the lines were easy, so I just stamped and then painted over the top}
{I loved how the side stamp sentiment came out}
{I did a lace up technique with my Twinery Twine. When punching the holes, you may miss the very edge of the paper (see very bottom hole} no worries after it's tied you won't even notice

{Yeah Mason jars, I am NOT over them...}

{I did just two holes on this one with a simple bow}



SUPPLIES:
Twine:
Serendipity Stamps:
Paper:
Graphic 45 Botanical Tea
DCWV Limoncello Stack
Coredinations Cardstock
Izink pigment inks
Colobox Pigment Ink Black

HOPPERS:
Denise Hahn - http://www.inmyblueroom. blogspot.com/ {------you are here!

Sue Eldred - http://sueeldred.com/ {------ NEXT UP!







10 comments:

  1. Amazing gift boxes! I really like the stamps and how you used the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute gift boxes. I love the close ups with the stitching and closures. Your painting technique is really makes for some bright colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gift boxes. Love the way you laced them up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little boxes are darling. Will make great gifts holders that can be used as a decoration after the present is out - they won't be discarded or stuck in a closet. The painting box is my favorite. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute!
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute gift boxes. Neat stamping trick too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little boxes, especially like the artists brushes one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project, so cute and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the double stamp effect , very cool, I loved the inks you used

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bunch of
    gift boxes you
    have made!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete